Monday 3 February 2014

Banana & Raspberry Bread

While I was recovering from my surgery last week, and getting really sick of tea and toast, my gorgeous mother made me this delicious banana and raspberry bread as an alternative for when I needed a little something extra. Although I didn't bake it myself, it was too nice not to share the recipe.

2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 caster sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/3 cups self raising flour
1/3 cup macadamia nuts, toasted, roughly chopped
125g fresh raspberries
1/4 cup white choc chips
1 tablespoon icing sugar, to dust

Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin and line the base and 2 longest sides with baking paper. Combine the banana and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the buttermilk, eggs and oil. Add flour, macadamia nuts and store until combined. Gently fold in the raspberries and whit choc chips. Pour into prepared tin, smooth the top and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the top comes out clean. Stand in the pan for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar.

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Ooh this looks delicious! I'm going to try making this for breakvast on Valentine's day :]

    Thanks for the recipe!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig