Friday 7 December 2012

Double Braid





































































This is a relaxed boho-style double braid - very messy but suprisingly easy to re-create if you can master a basic braid. This look will work best on hair that hasn't been washed for a day or so as it will be easier to keep the hair in place with bobby pins.

STEP 1 Make a deep part and separate two sections at the front of your hair (section with butterfly clips or pull to the front of your head to keep separate from the hair at the back)
STEP 2 Separate the back section of your hair into two parts
STEP 3 Twist the first section and secure at the back of your head with a couple of bobby pins
STEP 4&5 Grab the other half, twist and secure at the back of your head with pins
STEP 6 You should now have the back section pinned in a messy 'bun' at the back of your head and be ready to start on the front of your hair
STEP 7 Section the side with the most hair into two pieces (these become your braids)
STEP 8 Braid the section closest to your forehead and pin it into the bun at the back of your head
STEP 9 Braid the second section of hair, again securing into the bun with a pin
STEP 10 Twist the final section of hair on the other side of your head and pin it into the bun at the back
STEP 11 Look at the back and pin any additional fly-aways into place and set with a mist of hairspray
STEP 12 The finished look from the side
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Love love love, can't wait to try over the summer! Thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW love this style, it looks beautiful!! :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love the way this looks! Must give a try this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually so pretty, I love how youre done it step by step! My hairs so long, so i really want to recreate this!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. I love how chic but easy it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful !
    I have to try it !

    http://www.olastory.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the lovely comments, would love to know if you gave it a go and how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. Really hope it works on my length hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! I will be trying this!!!!!
    http://minettesmaze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just tried this on my own hair & posted the picture here:

    http://guidetobeingsara.tumblr.com/post/54206009501/its-hot-and-my-hair-is-long-pony-tails-dont

    It turned out super cute - not as messy as yours (my hair is super fine and also freshly washed today) but I loved how easy this was!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I tried it out today and loved it. It was so comfortable and kept the hair out of my face! I posted it (link below!) along with my outfit of the day here if you want to check it out! :)

    Thanks for the tutorial!

    http://yourdailymel.com/2013/07/16/off-the-cuff-news/

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! It's a lot like the infinity twist: http://chromobeauty.blogspot.com/2013/07/infinity-twist-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This style is so pretty and easy!!! I shared with my readers here: http://seektobemerry.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-most-important-thing-to-prep-for.html Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks For the Double braid please Tell me About men's toupee

    ReplyDelete
  15. My hair are not that good can you suggest me a good mono toupee and thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super Braids And Weaving, being one of the leading braid shops Arlington TX, is here to rove you through unique and creative braid stylings. Look no further than us to give your hair the best gift of the trend – braids!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Beauty, looking for Raw Hair Extensions? We have Bundles, Wigs and more that last 3 years + add some custom jewelry to your order to apply a little more pressure! Book appointment for the best Hair Extensions Montgomery al - with Justice B Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig