Saturday 4 August 2012

Perfect Porridge























I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day but I don’t usually have the time for it mid-week but come weekends I love nothing more than a hearty bowl of porridge. It well and truly warms me up on these cool winter mornings and being low GI, wards off hunger pangs and keeps me going until lunchtime. For a basic creamy vanilla porridge you’ll need:

1 cup rolled oats
2 1/2 cups milk
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
Pinch of salt

COMBINE oats, milk, salt, vanilla bean and seeds in a small saucepan
COOK over medium-low heat, stirring regularly until thick and creamy and oats are tender (10 mins)
REMOVE the vanilla bean, spoon into bowls and serve immediately

You can add toppings to your porridge. Some I like:
  • Drizzle of honey 
  • Cinnamon and brown sugar 
  • Yogurt, nuts and honey 
  • Banana and honey 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig